Thursday 25 July 2013

Pokello to change people’s perceptions about my life

Following the negative publicity as the result of her leaked sex tape, Pokello Nare said she’s going to use the exposure she gained while in the house to promote a more positive image of herself.
The 27-year-old shoe shop owner from Zimbabwe was evicted alongside Sierra Leone’s Michael Bassey after eight weeks in the competition.
This means that only Tanzania, Nigeria and Zambia still have their pairs intact while Botswana, Kenya, Ethiopia, Namibia, Ghana and South Africa still have one contestant each in the running for the $300000 (R2.9m) cash prize.
Nare became a sensation on the social networks throughout Africa after her sex tape with musician-boyfriend, Desmond Chimede hit the net a few days after the first live broadcast of the show.
“I entered the competition because I wanted to change people’s perceptions about my life and what I actually stand for,” she said. “I also entered because I wanted to advocate against women abuse and I spoke about that from my own experiences and wanted to motivate women to speak out.”
There’s clearly no denying that the exposure that comes with the show and its impact on their career is every contestant’s biggest catch, and so is Bassey’s.
“The competition has really helped me in that it has exposed me to so many people and nothing could get better than this.”
Connect with Big Brother Africa fans across Africa and the world on our Facebook page and follow us onTwitter for all the latest updates!  

No comments:

Post a Comment